View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
shotzie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry My angel baby, Benji

I'm new to this forum. My sister recommended the site in hopes that inspiration from other yorkie owners could help me get through this difficult and sad time. I lost my Benji on Friday, 5-22-09. He was only 10 years old but during those short 10 years, he had many medical issues. He was diagnosed with insulin dependent diabetes at age 6. Shortly after that he developed pancreatitis. He barely survived the illness, but recovered after 8 days in the hospital. One morning when we woke up (3 yrs.ago), I noticed that he was blind in one eye. Several months later, he was blind in both eyes. He lived a normal life in spite of it until I noticed that he just didn't seem like himself the past month. The last week he stopped eating & drinking, even his favorite treats. The day before he died, he had either convulsions or seizures and it was then that I knew he was really sick. He could hardly breathe so I took him to the Vet the next day. He was so sick, there was nothing that could be done to save him. We had to let him go so he wouldn't suffer. I never expected him to not come home. I stayed and held him when the Vet administered the medications, so he wouldn't die alone. We had him cremated and will receive his ashes this week.

The pain and loss is agony for me. I'm depressed and lonely and cry all the time. Everything in this house was touched by him. He's not there at the door to meet me when I come home. So many things that make his absence so painful.

I feel very guilty for yelling at him or making him lay down when he would whine to me. I asked him to show me what he wanted, but I just couldn't figure out what it was.

I know he crossed over rainbow bridge and is now with my cocker spaniel who died 3 yrs. ago. There they will wait until they see me and we will all be reunited once again.

Any advice?????
shotzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!