View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
rwprivette
♥LiVe♥LauGH♥LoVe♥
Donating Member

Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas, an organ that is important in digestion. Pancreatitis can be acute (beginning suddenly, usually with the patient recovering fully) or chronic (progressing slowly with continued, permanent injury to the pancreas).

Acute pancreatitis occurs when the pancreas suddenly becomes inflamed but improves. Patients recover fully from the disease, and in almost 90% of cases the symptoms disappear within about a week after treatment. The pancreas returns to its normal architecture and functioning after healing from the illness. After an attack of acute pancreatitis, tissue and cells of the pancreas return to normal. With chronic pancreatitis, damage to the pancreas occurs slowly over time. Symptoms may be persistent or sporadic, but the condition does not disappear and the pancreas is permanently impaired. Pancreatic tissue is damaged, and the tissue and cells function poorly

I googled that so I hope that helps a little. And that was the def. for humans so I'm not sure if it's the same in pups but maybe it will give you an idea~ So sorry to hear he's sick!

rwprivette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!