View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #13
toke
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy_caribe View Post
Skin immediately pops back down - doesn't even try to stay up. I'll keep that in mind for dehydration. I gave him some ice in his water this am but it was right after he ate the meatballs and he wasn't even a little bit interested. i'll try again with "snow" or ice. He just drank a bit more water and we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the feeding advice - if he's not holding anything down tomorrow, I'll definitely take him in. He has been sleeping all day and I'm getting pretty worried about him. Right now, #2 son is cuddling with him on the couch in the A/C (where he never is allowed ).

Thanks again - you guys have really helped put my mind at ease a bit and also given my things to look for.

Oh, and down here, doctors and vets give out cell and home phone numbers as a matter of course - I'll call the vet if he gets worse.

The vet is normally open until 8pm (they close from 2pm to 4pm) - if he doesn't keep this water down, I'm thinking I should just take him in?
I would. I always figure if I'm worried enough to be thinking "should I?" I probably should. Especially if you can't keep fluids in him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!