View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsweety
Am I going to have a tough time retraining her? Also, she is not spayed, which means she will be in heat. How will I know when that happens?? Is there going to blood all over the place? Yuck!! How many times a day do you feed your dog? Should I only give her water when she eats? I will go to the library tomorrow to check out some books but any advice would be appreciated. Pleas wish me luck. Thank you.
Well, I wish you luck. Just love her and let her know that she can depend on you to meet all of her needs. The change will probably be tough for her. She may very well cry or bark loudly if you place her in a crate, but you won't know for sure until you try it. She could possibly wake the whole building! You can buy little panties and liners for her to wear so she doesn't leave spots at pet supply stores. I wouldn't leave them on her unless you are there. Do you know for a fact that she is in heat yet or are you just planning for it when it happens? When they are in heat there will be small amounts of watery blood.

Water should be left down all of the time and changed daily.

Are you going to be there with her all day or at work? If you will be at work all day, then I would also leave food down while you are gone.

Leave some safe toys to play with. They love sqeaky toys.

Feel free to ask any questions on this site that you have. Most people here have had small doggies and yorkies most of their lives.

Last edited by yorkieusa; 10-19-2005 at 12:10 PM.
yorkieusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!