Thread: Sneezing Fits!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #33
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Hi. Is this the same vet?

[QUOTE=KiKiVo;2629277]OK went to the vet again today after he started having the attacks again today just like clock work. We were pretty much able to determine it is probably not his nose. We could squeeze his belly and get the "sneezing" fits to happen. I actually think it is fluid from his stomach coming up into his nose. I went ahead did some X-Rays and they were able to see everything down to stomach was fine but some blockage down in the intestines and they were quite irritated. Of course, they said nothing obvious they could see from X Ray so ultrasound would be an additional $500... I said no, of course. This would also be a waste of money that would be better spent on the surgery, as he may need it anyway.
They are giving him Sucralfate to make his stomach feel better and recommend Metronidazole but that one is expensive. (Bulls**t, it's one of the oldest drugs on the market, aka: Flagyl .Call a people Pharmacy for a price, ask your vet(?) for a prescription and remind him he's treating a Yorkie, not a freaking Saint Bernard, even expensive drugs are affordable for Yorkies cause they don't need much. I have some on hand I'll mail you if this doesn't work)Metronidazole is an antibiotic used to kill intestinal parasites (giardia) and bacterial infections and they said it could help with the inflammation. (Hopefully, decreasing the inflamation may help it to move along.) They were going to give me Panacur but said they could not because it looks like it could be a partial FB obstruction which would make his condition worse if they gave him that. He is pooping every day but they were concerned about its black "tar" like consistency, a sign that blood may be present.(FB may be sharp=Surgical removal, or intestines irritated and bleeding)
Of course they were asking for $150 blood tests (Metronidazole can alter liver enzymes, probably ok to do a CBC) as well but I not ready for that either. Because of his weakness and health they would NOT give him his Bordetella, which he has never had, a 4th Distemper shot and a rabies shot. (I agree, wait till he's better)Of course he is running around now but 2-3 days from now he will be on death's door again.
Any idea if the Metronidazole is worth the expense?(How much are they asking for it?)[/QUOTE]
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!