Thread: Dog vs. Cat
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
PennysMum
Donating YT Addict

I've actually always been a cat person. I've always felt a strong draw to them, and have a knack for "speaking cat", as it were-- I'm good at calming them down, telling when they are uncomfortable and stuff like that.

I adore my yorkie, but she was kind of an unplanned pet-- the place I was working at the time wound up taking in 30 yorkies from an animal hoarder, and Penny looked up at me with those big brown eyes and I was toast. She's a lot of fun, and I like having an animal that will hike and spend time outdoors with me, but sometimes I feel like I'm dealing with a creature from another planet. I've done a lot of reading on dog behavior and training to try to bring myself up to par as a dog owner.

My other two pets are cats-- a Siamese mix named Timothy and a domestic shorthair named Benjamin. I like the relative independence of cats, how similar they seem to wild cats even after thousands of years of domestication, and the feeling that I don't *own* my cats-- we just happen to occupy the same space and they coerce me to give them food. One of my cats-- the Siamese mix-- actually reminds me a little of the dog. He likes car rides and adventures almost as much as the dog does.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!