View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Cry TJ is REALLY SICK

Monday morning, I woke to him throwing up bile. Then he had a huge, very soft but formed poop. After that, a little more vomit and softer and softer poop. It is now Weds. afternoon, the poop has turned to squirt diarrhea, he still is vomiting.

He was at the Vet on Sat. for heart worm test and titers. Sunday the neighbors dog got into our yard and had diarrhea on our patio. I cleaned it up, hosed it down and sprayed a Clorox spray 3x on it. This dog and TJ *did* touch thru the screen (TJ was in kill mode). Sunday night, I stupidly gave him 2 tiny, tiny, tiny, pieces of Papa Johns Thin Pizza crust.

We went to the Vet this morning. He doesn't have a temp, no signs of true pain, no noises coming from him. He is tired (neither of us have slept the past two nights). He will rest and then gets up and has to poop. It takes a good while for him to find a spot, and then a squirt noise and a glob of diarrhea. I have been washing his butt in the sink. Since Monday morning he's probably vomited bile or clear foam mucus about 10 times, and numerous upon numerous squirt poops.

The Vet and I discusses possible Giardia, but Roxy is 100% fine It could be a mild case of Pancreatitis, but he doesn't seem to be in pain And it could be his IBD has flared up We talked about the Tylan (again) as TJ did very well on it, but it isn't a quick fix and I feel like giving it a few days first to see if he gets better....

He gave me Sucralfate (which is a nitemare to administer) and Famotidine. I am forcing Pedilite via syringe and in his water bowl. Which he will drink on his own. Although, I haven't seen him pee much

He ate dinner last night which was boiled Chicken and plain mashed potatoes. I just tried to feed him again, and he only ate a little chicken.

Please keep my baby in your good thoughts....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!