Thread: Byb
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #11
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
One thing that does not make a lot of sense to me is how "breeding to standard" and "breeding for health" are always mentioned together. I don't see why breeding for aesthetic qualities has anything to do with health checks. Obviously there are show dogs that can win competitions, yet still have terrible health problems.

I am probably a little biased because of my little blondie Thor, but personally, I like seeing all the variety of yorkie looks here. I would love to see more "off standard" yorkies and fewer threads about sick pups.

The most important things for me would be a breeder that (1) performed requisite health checks on the parents, (2) did everything possible to ensure the pups go to good homes, and (3) sell most or all dogs on a spay/neuter contract. Show looks are neither here nor there.

Just my opinion, and I'm willing to be proved wrong.

And that is what I try to do..all my puppies have been spayed or neutered.. I do not sell any of my pups for breeding to date.. and have been blessed with such great parents...letting go of one of my puppies makes me feel I am losing my first born.. so there is a must on my doing interviews and know what people are like.it is nothing for me to keep a baby till they are 5 months old...I have spend over 2 grand this winter at the vets and have some health tests yet to do on a baby I plan to keep..the people I am responsible to are the new parents to enure baby is going to the best loving home. anne
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!