View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 05:47 AM   #10
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann View Post
I started Weight Watchers in the end of March, I went to like 3 meetings then quit going to them and I just do it on my own (my mom bought me all the WW books). At the beginning, I was around almost 100 lbs overweight. So far when I weighed the other day, I had lost a total of 23 lbs. That's without doing a lot of exercising. I only did WW because my mom did it and she seen such awesome results but then quit and gained it all back, now we're doing it together and for good!
That is AWESOME!!!!

I too don't go to the weekly meetings. When WW changed their program about 3 years ago I got the "at home" program so that I could get all the books, etc. without having to go the weekly meeting. The only reason I don't go though is unfortunately the current meeting instructor in my hometown isn't very motivating. That's the only reason. Losing weight is a lifelong journey as it's not something you can simply do for a week or a month or even a year. You've got to make the changes for the remainder of your life! This is why WW is such a great program (IMO). Because there isn't a single food out their you can't eat. Your given weekly points to spend (like money) and away you go. Don't hesitate to add the exercise. I suspect eventually you will have to anyway as you will hit a plateau and the only way over it will be to add some exercise. Not to mention it makes you feel stronger and better about yourself. it also makes you look thinner than the scale reflects because it "tightens" everything up. Keep at it because it sounds as if you are off to an excellent start!
KJLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!