View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 AM   #7
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
i've done weight watchers a few times and lost weight each time.

In the beginning of this year i tried the biggest loser program. i signed up for the online thing, purchased the books, and used it for about a week.... wasted my money on that one. it is a great system but it didn't have the support that WW did. With WW i paid to go to meetings so i felt i had to attend. And since i was weighing in every week i made it a point to make sure i had a negative number to put down each time.
Yep, the weekly weigh in is a very big insentive for most people. If you can't/don't/won't go to meetings, you can still do a weekly weigh in with someone who will support you. It also needs to be someone you can be accountable to and doesn't have an emotional stake or connection to you. I hope I'm making sense. For example, if my husband would do my weekly weigh ins for me and I gained weight, he's just say. Don't worry, you look fine. That's not enough for me. I need to weigh in to someone who I would not want to disappoint or embarrass myself in front of. I know, sounds silly but that's how it worked for me.
KJLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!