View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #14
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
ok! Vaccination protocal per Dr. Dodd and the Schools of Vetinary Medicine

is 8, 12 and 16 weeks of age with a booster at a year and 4 months after the last shots. If you do a google search on Dr. Dodd it'll spell it out there. I know every state has a requirement for rabies. However, my vet won't adminster the rabies vaccine until 6 or 7 months and then only a 1/2 dose with the instructions that the dog needs to come back in a year for a full dose. I don't recommend vaccinating for Leptos or Corona, or Lyme Disease. Yorkies have had adverse reactions to those shots.

As far as worming, since they're on heartworm meds until they are bred, no chance for worms. But, I do have a fecal tests prior to the breeding and then she's kept in a very controlled environment. Not allowed out in the dirt or grass. When pups are born, I take a fecal in for testing....so, far so good. Just my preferance. Why put a puppy through worming if you don't have too.
Do you also consider the size of the pup when giving vaccinations? If a pup is under 1 lbs at 8 weeks do you still vaccinate at 8 weeks? I appreciate your input on this.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!