View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #1
LYNDA GRYBKO
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Yorkie Foster Mom

Hi Yorkie Moms & Dads,
I need some advice. I'm an experienced foster mom with a local shelter. Have a delightful Yorkie bitch with six pups rescued three plus weeks ago from a bad situation. All are (now) healthy and progressing well (4+ weeks old now). But my husband is complaining that when he goes in the kitchen (down a short hall from the puppy room) in the morning, he HATES the odor from accumulated overnight pee/poop (even if I get in there to clean up before hand! Sensitive nose!!). In the past (same problem with foster kitten families), I've tried room deoderizers, deoderizing sprays as well as a charcoal filtered wall fan. The room is kept immaculate, but I cannot pick up EVERY poop as it falls, especially overnight. (Kittens old enough to cover their poop with deoderizing litter have short-lived stink! Not so with puppies. LOL .

Does anyone know of some sort of air cleaner that can be left on to circulate the air (gently!!) in the area near the puppy pen and that will QUICKLY eliminate odor? There must be SOMETHING out there that can keep him happy! The floor is tile, papers are removed MANY times a day and floor underneath wiped down with enzymatic pet cleaner; bedding is clean, pups shiny and clean, etc. Just need something to CLEAN THE AIR!

Thanks for the help. This is a wonderful forum!
Rainbow Pups Grammy (for colored neck "ties")
LYNDA GRYBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!