View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Yeah its really hard to say what may turn out of it all.
Momma dog may be ok with it one minute and jealous and ready to fight the next. I have heard of some dogs sharing pups like that before thou. its just you never know.
I had a small female pek she was 5 she never had any pups of her own, and when a pregnant cat we brought in had kittens this mother cat freaked out and this little dog laid right with her licking her and seemed to make it all better. That dog took the part of being apart of these kittens mother, she cleaned and laid with them every day. yeah they tried to nurse off her and she let them, after about 2 weeks she didnt want the mother cat around her kittens , Guess she wanted to be the mother now. so as sad as it was we had to take the dog away from them and keep them seperated in different rooms because she wanted the babies so bad she would chase off momma cat. when they got older we let her be with them because by then Momma cat was done nursing them and didnt care. and let me tell you. the doggie was so happy to have her step kids back. LOL but if I hadent been there 24/7 I would of never let them both be with those babies because you never really know whats going to happen.and if jealousy starts they will some time fight to the death.
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!