View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Rosiegirl
YT Addict

Question My pomeranian is helping to Mother puppies?

Hi everyone, I have some updates on the puppies we have had. They are now 2 weeks old. Rosie (mom) is doing good, everyone is growing etc. The last few days though my pomeranian (female) has gotten more and more interrested in the puppies. She was curious from the start but the last few days she's staring at them from the outside of the box every chance she gets, Rosie (mom to puppies) is spending more time away from them as they sleep to come out and visit with us. Well, I got home from school tonight and when Rosie came out to hang out a little, I went to check on the puppies and Ranian (pomeranian) has now began to sit with the puppies in their box. She stares at them and won't look up even when we call her name. She is not showing any signs like she's going to hurt them, but I am a little weary as to what she's doing? Is she trying to be the dad or something? She won't try to steal them, right? I am o.k. with her helping to care for them as long as she's being good, she has never had babies (she's 5 years old) so she probably doesn't have a great understanding of being a mother etc. I am just really curious as to what she wants from them, maybe just a part in all of it? I need some input to this one, i wasn''t thinking she'd be the mothering type of dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!