View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 AM   #13
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloBoy View Post
We also had a hard time getting Milo to eat when he first came to us. We gave him Nutrical a few times a day and hand fed him his kibble piece by piece. We also realized that he would not eat kibble from a bowl and spread some out on a small, flat plate. We started with a few pieces at a time and added more as he ate it. It took some time and patience but, after two months with us, Milo is finally eating more regularly. We also entice him with a teaspoonful (or two) of wet food alongside his kibble at breakfast and dinner. Be patient, it really does get better!
I forgot to mention that when I got my Milo, he was 4 lbs at 7 months and they told us he was a picky eater it turns out he was not a picky eater he just did not like the food he was on.....he is now 3 1/2 and weighs 6 1/2lbs. Also he would not eat out of a bowl, so someone suggested to us to feed him with the Amaze-A-Ball, you can get them at petco. What I do is I put his whole meal of dry kibble in the ball and he has to push it with his nose to get the food out, he loves it. This week he started a new trick, I asked him wheres the ball do you want some food and he pushed the ball to me too cute.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!