View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Yorkie Closet
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Georgie RIP - questions for anyone

Thank you everyone - this group is awesome. You have helped me through this more than you know. Every little while someone would write and remind me how lucky I was to have those last six years with my boy.

He was attacked by two big dogs when he was six and the vet had to remove his spleen and a kidney. Every day after that was a miracle. But he was not an invalid - he was a little muscular Yorkie bruiser! He cocked his head when I talked to him, always asked me who was on the phone with a bark and learned how to spell B A T H and P I Z Z A. He had more energy than the rest of us.

I loved him so much that I wanted for him to sire a pup to keep his bloodline. I bought two females but it turned out that he preferred either white curly dogs of either sex or his blanky! So my two little girls were spayed. Yorkies just weren't his thing. What a little character he was.

I still really don't know what killed him - I woke up and he was coughing (not unusal - but worse than usual) he was panting heavily, but he was lethargic. I took him to the vet and she misdiagnosed it as Bronchitis.
Injected him with antihistines and antibiotics and sent me on my way with a prescrip.

He got worse through the day. At seven that evening he was very restless but couldn't move much. I was trying to make him comfortable. He was at my feet and stould up and suddenly collapsed - his knees totally buckled, I scooped him up and he went limp like a puppet. He was unconscious. He took a gasp and then soft pink blood started slowly to come out of his mouth and nose. He pee peed on me and this was when I think he died.

When we got to the vet within minutes he had no heartbeat.
Does anyone know what the blood coming out of the nose and mouth meant. I have tried Googling it but I just get too upset. I think the vet is deaf-earring my questions. Has anybody heard of this? __________________
Gillian
Yorkie Closet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!