Thread: Fired
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

Cry Fired

okay........ well not really fired, but it is sad all the same....
Since the begining of the school year i have been subing in a spot in the morning (monday through friday from 8-11), i knew the teacher from last year so i was familiar with her teaching style and she wanted me to work with her because i knew the routine. All was good until i get a call this morning, they have replaced me with a permanant person ... i called the teacher and she was up in arms, she couldnt believe that they did this! She wanted me to stay the whole year because
A) i know the kids
B) i know the routine and can take over teaching so she can talk to parents
C) i am the only one that can deal with this one little boy (we think he has some underlying special ed issues and he needs someone there basically as a one on one to make sure he doesnt harm himself or anyone else... as of yet the school psychologists are in denial, but that is a whole OTHER topic ) Anyways, so i am teh only one that has experience working with special ed children and is forceful enough to be able to restrain him if he has a tantrum AND i am the only one he listens too........ if any of you are familiar with special ed it is a BIG NO NO to disrupt the routine and by taking me out and puting in a stranger this child is going to FLIP OUT.
So, the only thing the teacher knows is that the woman is middle-eastern (the teacher is praying that she doesnt have an accent that the kids would find difficult to understand or that the kids will pick up her accent giving them potential speech problems later... she is also praying that it is someone that is YOUNG and not middle aged or old because a middle aged to older person would have a difficult time with the child that they will be assigned too)
One good thing: the teacher says that if it is clearly not going to work out or any of these things becomes an issue than she will raise hell to get me back... This new person will be taking over my charge of this little boy (we are instructional assistants so we are supposed to help with EVERYTHING but this little boy needs so much supervision that it is impossible to be a 'regular instructional assistant'.... the person who took over my spot is destined to be like a 'one on one' to this little boy, and he can get violent and hurt......
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!