View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #18
tammy8833
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

i can see her delimma but..well..i wont get into lecturing wont do know good

i have had things come a time or 2 but luckily i have back ups, i have a sister in law that loves coming by and checking on them for me if i need her too, a neighbor well check in (but dont expect her to clean any mess the puppies make =( ) and my mom will stop too..

free feeding is ok, i have always left down food for the puppies, at that age i mush it with warm water and put a big bowl down probably twice a day and they eat it but you gotta make sure mama doesnt eat it all first..lol my little mama will gobble it up before the babies knew it was there if i dont separate them...i guess it boils down to you know whats best for your dogs and if thats what she thinks is best..

the other big problem to worry about it, IS the mama!! taking puppies away before she is done weaning could cause her to milk to back up (dont know the right phrase for some reason tonight) and cause her to be in pain. i let mine nurse until they leave or she is done nursing. you want to do it gradually. hopefully the pet sitter will keep an eye out for any problems.

yep let me know if you want my email, i ll be home for awhile since i was let go from work this morning via the TELEPHONE! how crappy is that!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!