View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
lje213
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieOwned5 View Post
Hello,
We took a two day 1200 mile trip a few weeks ago and our puppys did great!!! We set up the crate in the back seat with dry food and water and a few soft toys and of course their blankies. They slept almost the entire trip! The only time my male cried was if he needed to go potty. They were 4 months at the time. I made sure they had their harnesses on AND the leashes with one tied to the seatbelt the little girl slept in her bed on the console with her leash locked under the console lid. Actually the first day he slept on the console the second was her. They both did great, even at the hotel they were great even thou they ended up sleepin with us and not the crate.teehee. I have ordred a large carseat to go in the backseat for both of them to be in. They have them so that the pups can see out but they are tethered in via the car seatbelt. They have special chest padded harnesses in case of an accident they won't go flying thru the window. GOD forbid..... Now I feel they will be comfy and safe at the same time. FYI, the best deal on carseats is at OVERSTOCK.Com. I also ordered steps fo they can get on the couch easier. My baby PIXI has LP/because of the bone shape it's congenital so I guess we will have to do surg in the future. I am just buying things to make their lives easier...
Sorry this is so long..
Have a great trip, Be safe and God Bless,
Sharon PIXI & SPIKE
PS>>>>>>>>> Please don't give alot of wet food that can cause nausea, just have dry available and if hungry she'll eat if sick she prob. won't . Same with water just don't let her fill up on it... Don't forget your poopy bags and wee pads if you use them. Ours will use the pad in the floorboard.. ttfn
Thanks so much for your tips! I so appreciate you!
lje213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!