View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #103
jexxie
Senior Yorkie Talker

And to FLDEBRA.. Since I don't have all day to examine your postings, I did find one that just happened to land on the first page.. This is a posting that you made. You say right here you are not experienced either. You have no idea what you're even doing..Haha... I guess you're a backyard breeder too.. And here you are with the nerve to talk about me?? And you're selling your dogs with full registration?? I think that is a RED FLAG... It's people like you that are responsible for pet overpopulation.. and not to mention you are encouraging people to breed.. Practice what you preach, sister..

I have 5 beautiful puppies that are 5 weeks old right now. I have not advertised them just yet as I think 6 weeks is early enough to start taking deposits. By that age you can get a better idea of how they will look, size, and personality.

I am not an experienced professional breeder. I was hoping to become one, starting out with two adorable AKC yorkies that have been part of our family. Jury is out on that decision moving forward as I lost my sweet Sadie (momma Yorkie) on the 3rd day after the puppies were born. I did my homework and think I was well-prepared for everything except for the harsh reality of the risk I was taking of losing my little girl by breeding her.

They have been bottle fed since their 3rd day of life, and just this past week started eating from a dish well. I let them eat as much as they want. I own the father too, he is 4.5 pounds and Sadie was 6-6.5 pounds. These puppies are looking to be on the small-med. side, the growth charts are guesstimating @4 pounds for them. There are 3 females and 2 males. The puppy pictures are in the Nursery forum Quints Are Thriving and Ben and Sadie's pictures are in my album http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/album.php?u=13764.

I paid $1500 for Sadie, and $1200 for Ben. (I can provide pictures of the grandparents too.) Since I am so new at this, I am asking $1000 ea. with a 10% YorkieTalk discount and full registration. I will have a lot of questions for prospective adopters and will need a reference. I will give a one year health guarantee for any hereditary disease or affliction. Puppies will be current on puppy vaccines and 2 wormings before ready to leave no earlier than 12 weeks of age. I won't ship but if someone wants to buy me an airline ticket I will fly them to you. I am in NW Florida so maybe within driving distance?

Being hand-fed, I do not think you will ever see more loving puppies. They truly think they are little people. They love to be held, already play with toys or your fingers, and LOVE giving puppy kisses. The vet says they are doing fantastic. They are doing well about moving from their sleeping area to the pee pads to do their business already but are still a long way from house-trained, of course. Hope I covered everything. I need to think about making a For Sale ad here on YT. I think I am procrastinating because it almost does not seem right to be listing my babies in an ad like that. The first time we had puppies they all went to family and a friend. So, this will be a new experience, actually letting the little ones go off on their own. I am so tempted to just keep them all, but know that is not realistic. To the right family, they will truly be a blessing!

Join today and remove this ad!