View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 08:30 AM   #14
teri88
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I have a friend who has a two year old yorkie that she was going to get rid of because he was out of control. Then she had a person come 6 times to her house and it cost $600. You could probably find someone like that. You mentioned coming home to chewed up shoes and pee. Maybe you should consider crating your baby when you aren't home. A little puppy can have anxiety if they have the run of the house and that could be why she chews up shoes. Also, if you aren't there to catch her when she pees you won't be able to correct the behavior. I feel your pain we have an 8 year old lab and a 6 month old yorkie. It is like comparing apples to oranges, your yorkie is a whole new animal, believe me. It is possible to train her but it will take a big time committment on your part. Yorkies are harder to potty train than the average "big" dog and that alone is a full time job. Have you considered doggy day care or someone to come into your home to take her out while you are at work? I hope that you are able to work it out. Yorkies have a lot of love to give but if you are always frustrated and upset with her she may not be the dog for you. Good luck.
teri88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!