View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 07:38 AM   #10
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

I agree I would first try and train your dog yourself with the help of a trainer. I knew someone a while back who got a yorkie and sent her away to school then when they got her back only kept her a short time before sending her to their parents. I'm pretty sure they weren't happy with her performance once she got home, I could be wrong they may have just gotten her as a gift for the parents but I don't think so. Its been a little while ago and my memory isn't the best.

Anyway with my four dogs I have noticed that they listen to me more than my husband because I am the one who works with them. Even Reagan who is indoors and around Jody all the time still behaves better for me. I really think the key is to play an active role in training your dog. Also I think when you train you dog you develop a bound with your dog that you may not get otherwise, this has been my experience anyway. Your dog is just devoted to you and wants to please you, again this is my opinion. So try to find a trainer to come to your house or check into some local classes then if that doesn't work you could always use a school as a last resort, but I really don't think you will have to if you really devote yourself to training.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!