View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #21
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawash View Post
Thanks for the tip on the bath and slipping. I haven't thought that far ahead but thanks for bringing it up now.
A lot of people don't think that far ahead. its a scary and worrying procedure to many people and they just want to get the surgery done with and have everything be ok. The hardest part is the recovery which is done at home. Usually the vet does go over the recovery period before the surgery but owners are just so worried they don't remember half of what is said. So after surgery when either the vet or the tech goes over them again the owners are confused or unaware of the things that can and can't be done.

I recommend a haircut and a good bath before surgery because your not gonna be able to do it for a while afterwards. Also make sure you have everything you'll need before you bring him home after surgery. make sure the crates, ex-pens, baby gates, area rugs, carpet runners, whatever you are going to use are set up. comply with teh restrictions, exercises, and rehab and you will both do great!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!