View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJCYorkie View Post
Hi everyone! Okay, we have Maci who will be 3yrs old this year. We love her to death, and she is such a spoiled girl!! We're thinking of possibly getting another yorkie puppy? Is that a good idea?

We've heard that sometimes it can be difficult, for Maci in this case, because she's an "only child" and bringing another puppy into the house might cause behavior problems. Can anyone comment on this? We would really hate to upset Maci at all; however, I think she might enjoy having a playmate.

Also, we're kind of undecided at this point wheter to get another female or to get a male this time. Is there really any pros or cons? Maci is spayed, and if we got another puppy they would get fixed as well.

Any thoughts that all of you have would be great! Thanks!
I can actually comment on your idea. When my Sydney was 2 years and 8 months old, we did bring a new little girl into her life.

Sydney was beyond spoiled!!!

The first week, she was very interested in our new baby, Kia, but after the first week, she let us know she thought it was time to for the baby to go home.

However, we observed that Sydney was no longer sad, when we left the house, so we knew, bringing the 2nd baby in was good.

They did not become play-mates. Sydney became Kia's Mom.

My girls are 10 and 13 now, and they are good buddies.

My best advice is talk to a reputable breeder, and tell her what Maci is like and he/she can help you choose a puppy with a personality that will work with Maci.

Good Luck!
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!