View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
carmengamble
BANNED FOR NOT SENDING A GIFT EXCHANGE GIFT!

I know how you feel! I am a university student, so I am already broke as a joke! There are limited summer jobs this summer due to the economy, so it's going to be tough!

We have started to buy no name groceries and other products as well, I find that most of the time they are pretty close to the "good" brand, and a lot cheaper!

Just today I went shopping at a consignment shop and spent only $36.00 Canadian and got: brand new shoes, a spring jacket, two blazers, a vest, and a bracelet! Shop on sale and clearance racks, thrift stores and consignment shops! I would have never even thought about doing this before, but I saved so much money, and you can find some really cute things!

If things go wrong with your car or house, try to fix them yourself. We just changed the spark plugs and wires on an older vehicle we have easily. (I'm only 20) Google searches can help you with instructions on most things!

Important for our earth and pocketbook is conserving gas! If you need to go somewhere, try to figure out what else you will need to do later on and get it done while you are already out. ex. If you need to pick up someone, try to go early and get groceries, run other errands while you are out, etc.

Make a list of what you need to spend for the month, what payments you must make, grocery and gas costs, bills, etc. Tally it up and see if you have anything left over. If you do have money left, try not to spend it. Save it until it is needed

We are all feeling the harsh economy right now, hoping it picks up soon!

By the way, it is wonderful that your husband was able to get another stable job! Far too many people in my area are losing their jobs right now!
carmengamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!