View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
velobabe
Mommy's Lil' Piper Cub

Default Economy...Hitting Home

I came across this thread and remember reading it the first time around last Fall. http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/off...ing-about.html At the time my household hadn't really been effected by the economy, other than the increase in prices for everthing but we were handling it all well...funny how a few months can make a difference.

Since the beginning of the year my position was eliminated on Jan 22nd and my husband has been ill and we don't know what is wrong. Due to his ongoing intermittent disability hours and his FMLA expiring on 3/9, we believe he was on the brink of losing his job as an I.T. consultant with the same company that eliminated my positon as District Administrator. Yesterday he was offered a secure job with the State agency where he's been a consultant for the past 5 years. Only catch, it has a pay cut of 1/3 of his current salary. The medical benefits and retirement plan are wonderful but having such a decrease in income from both of us will definitelly change our way of living.

Since January, we have lost half of our usual yearly income amount, which means we need to scale back half our budget. Not certain how...the possibilty of eventually losing our vehicles and R.V. and falling behind on other payments, such as credit cards, etc, is very real. I know many are in the same boat or worse. Through all of this, we are trying to focus on the blessings of it all....my husband was offered a secure position at a time when many are losing theirs...like myself. We're trying to remember that as long as we have our home and our family in it we should consider ourselves lucky and truly blessed. Any income is better than none at all, which is a sad reality for many. As for the future, we're tightening the boot straps...any cost-cutting ideas are welcomed!

Thanks for listening. Just feeling like things are crazy right now and feeling a little overwhelmed!! God Bless!!

Last edited by velobabe; 04-02-2009 at 06:23 PM.
velobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!