View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
PiePiper
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Not all deer ticks carry Lyme Disease so chances are that Minnie is just fine. I live right next to Lyme where Lyme Disease got it's name from. Through the years I've picked many deer ticks off my pets, children, husband and myself. My husband and I have both had Lyme but when you live around here and you get sick that is the first thing they look for so you get antibiotics and your fine within a week. My first yorkie had Lyme 3 times. Every time Chip got Lyme was a week after he had the Lyme vaccination. The first time he was a puppy. Following year had the vaccination sick with Lyme shortly after. The third year the same thing happened. Finally I figured out what was happening and wouldn't let Chip have the vaccination again. He lived to be 13 and never had Lyme again. This past summer I got Piper and I wouldn't let her get the vaccination. I told the vet that I was convinced that my other yorkie got Lyme from the vaccination. He said that it was quite possible and he really didn't recommend these tiny puppies to be vaccinated. Piper is now 11 months and weighs 5.2 lbs. and she will not get the vaccination when she goes for her yearly check up. I'll take my chances with the ticks. I do use Frontline on my animals and you still find ticks so I check every day. I just notice you also live in Connecticut so you know that ticks are something we have to deal with all the time.

Last edited by PiePiper; 04-02-2009 at 06:45 AM.
PiePiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!