View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 03:29 AM   #5
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemma View Post
If the pill is large, break it up and put it in some cheese. Not a lot of cheese. If the pill is small, same thing. OR, get some canned dog food. I did this. I took a teaspoon, put the wet food on it, the pill crushed into it. My Jemma eats only dry food so she thought this a real treat. She lapped the food right off the spoon. That way I knew she had it all. I found the canned dog food the best for this.

Both of these are great ideas, The only thing I would add would be to give her a taste of the cheese or wet food alone before you give with the pill in it. I once did it with the pill first and Milo smelled the pill and would not take it. Some pills are very smelly to them. So what I do now is give him a tiny peace of cheese, than a peace of cheese with the pill, and then a peace of cheese. When I first started doing it I would say the word cheese as he was eating it. Now all I have to say is who wants the cheese and he comes running and sits in front of the fridge waiting for his medicine.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!