View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
TishaMoon
YT Addict

Default Separation Anxiety?

Keep in mind that I have only had Bailey home for a couple days, and I realize this is probably still a transition time for her from her busy breeder's house (with 2 human kids, 3 siblings, and 5 adult dogs) to my house where it's just her, me, and the cat (who runs away from Bailey ^_^).

I am starting to fear that I am spoiling her too much by being with her all the time. At night she's crated, and in the day she's either gated into the kitchen, or in my lap in the living room. If I leave her in the kitchen for 5 minutes to do something upstairs, she whines. If I go in the living room without her she whines. She's been biting a lot so if I bring her in the living room with me and she keeps biting my hands or clothes, I put her in the kitchen as kind of a time out. A minute ago I was in the living room and she was in the kitchen because she was still biting. She started doing this loud howl. I don't want her to start that kind of thing because my neighbors would hate me when I go back to work and have to leave her for 8 hours.

Even when I'm in the same area as her it can be bad. I sit down, she immediately climbs into my lap (which I think is oh so cute, but not sure it's healthy in the long run). If I'm standing she'll sit on my feet. And the worst thing she has just started is biting the backs of my jeans when I walk. It's dangerous because it makes it hard not to step on her or drag her.

I planned to go to Disneyland this week but I'm afraid what she might do when I'm gone.

Any help? Should I be worried or is she just adjusting?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!