View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
jeffandkim
Senior Yorkie Talker

We've done the new puppy thing twice in the last 6 months, first with Ella then with her Maltese brother Jack. I know that the first few nights with both, I was more stressed than they were. I would wake up two or three times during the night and take them to the pad. Jack curled up twice on the pad to go back to sleep so I stopped. The one time he needed to go in the middle of the night, he whined and I woke up and took him to the pad. Both of them slept through the night (11 or so until 6:30) almost immediately.

Ella was never interested in her kibble, even the stuff we brought home from the breeder. I'd have to throw it on the ground and make it a game to be sure she ate enough. We switched her over to Nature's Variety raw medallions at about 4 months, and Jack at 3.5 months. They love it and eating is not a problem.

Ella and Jack both love Vitakraft yogurt drops (sold at Petsmart and Petco). I break them up into smaller pieces usually because one drop is pretty big for a small puppy. They like them so much, they'll pretend to use their pad (Ella fake squats) to see if I'll buy it and give them a treat.

Good luck, this place is a great resource. Can't wait to see pictures of your baby!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!