View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Corrine Parrott
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default First few days

Did the owners send home some food for your pup? Mine did and he just nibbled it. I went out for two hours and had him in a kennel with her blanket and toys and he got so stressed out I had to take him to the vets as she got dehydrated from excessive drooling. Wow I can't believe how he gobbeled or should I say attacked the wet food he gave me. We also gave him syringes full of water for a day and he was back to normal next day. From day one Zipper has slept next to me he like the heart beat and sleeps with his nose right under m chin. He goes out to potty at 11Pm and then I take him out at 6 Am. Not one accident at nights. The pea pads were crazy as he would pick them up and run with them shredding it after it was down for only a few minutes. I take Zipper out every 2-3 hours, carry him down the stairs and just wait until he does his business. I have a 17 year old Yorkie too so she has to go out more frequently now and shows Zipper what to do. I guess I am trained not Zipper but we rarely have any accidents. Zipper is 19 weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mommy: Potty Training & Other Questions-march22-zipper-daisy-029.jpg   New Mommy: Potty Training & Other Questions-march22-zipper-daisy-030.jpg  
Corrine Parrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!