View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Critter
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaMoon View Post

One of my questions is how often should she have to go in the night right now? She is 10 weeks old and only 1 lb 1 oz. so I am free feeding her. I also give her a little wet food before bed and in the morning.

we use to go to bed around 11 and put them out right before we went to bed, we would get up once during the night, and then DH gets up around 5am for work so he would let them out as soon as he got up and right before he left. this seemed to work.

How do I get her used to going outside?
we use to just stand there till they peed and then praised them like they just won a gold metal when they did. sometimes they did it quickly other times it took forever. it takes a while to get them trained, being consistent is the best.

Also, she has been sleeping a lot. I'm sure it's mostly because yesterday was a tiring day of new experiences and she's worn out, but it does concern me a bit. She has also been trembling a little. I noticed the last time I saw her shaking it was right before she went potty (#2). Maybe she was just nervous about going in the wrong spot?

is she eating well? sometimes they get low sugar and will shake, we did nutrical when they were first brought home.

Another totally random question: Is it safe to use Clorox wipes for accidents on the tile and cleaning other things she is in contact with? They say something about being dangerous to animals, but I would think that's if they actually lick the wipe or something like that.

we actually changed all of our cleaning products to Green Works when we got Samson. for accidents we use Natures Miracle. I would not use chemicals on anything I think they are going to lick.

And I think my last question (for now)- I can tell she really misses her siblings and all the other dogs she had to play with. She sees my cat through the gate and whines to play with her, but the cat won't have any of it at this point. She's got lots of plushes and I plan to buy one of those microwavable ones and put a ticking clock by her crate. What else can I do to help her adjust to being an only baby?

we got a stuffed animial that was bigger than Sam when we got him to sleep with, we also used a warm water bottle for Harley because that trick didn't work. it does take a while.

WOW I know this was LONG. I hope some of you wise yorkie owners can give me a little help.
good luck, things will settle down!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!