View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #21
globemaster
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
I don't believe in long periods of crate fro training. I have either used a expen or baby gated them in a spare room.

Absolutely - Positive Praise and a Small Yummy GOOD potty behavior treat is 100% the most important tool you have right now.

I use Peanut Butter Chips (from the baking isle) They are sooooo small yet soooooo effective. This treat is ONLY for good potty behavior. Whole foods actually carries a bag that is made from natural peanut butter.

Your on the right track
The crate training issue is 100% out of my control. I know most days she could make it home to let him out, but I've got bigger battles to fight right now. Maybe once she's taking him out every 3 hours then I can move on that. It's never going to be feasible for me to do it because the two places I work are waaaaay to far of a drive to avoid having to take leave from work.

I've never thought of it as cruel, because my Setters could have handled up to 12 hours no problem - (although it was never an issue with us - we never did that). I know Yorkies are obviously smaller than my Setters, but are their bladders proportionally smaller? If a Setters bladder is 2% of his body, is a Yorkie's bladder 1%?
globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!