View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 07:43 AM   #103
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
Globemaster, I have followed this thread since it began and must say that I have been concerned about its tone several times including my own contribution now that I've read how it may have come across. One of the major problems with posting online is that you cannot convey tone or inflection and oftentimes words taken at face value do not adequately convey the intention of the writer.

(As an aside, my husband and I married in our 30's...late 30's for him, mid-30's for me... and first marriageis for both of us. To say that we were set in our ways is putting it mildly! After 22 years, we still don't even use the same toothpaste...LOL) After you shared that you are in Iraq, I wondered if your girlfriend is from a different cultural background which might also be a factor in her outlook on training her pets.

You have my admiration and gratitude for your service to our country. With the responsibility you have to assume in your profession, I am even more impressed with your attempt to train her Yorkie in your free time. As far as your girlfriends's choices, do remember though that she must want to change before any real difference can be measured. As long as you're spending more time than she in trying to resolve the problem, I question whether she is really as invested in seeking a solution as you.

She is lucky to have someone such as yourself who is interested in her pet even though your methods seem a bit unconventional. You are researching and seeking answers which demonstrates that you are open to change and other methods. From your apparent thick-skin at not reacting in a hostile manner to some of the comments in this thread, it appears to me that you were "raised" to maintain good manners even when those around you have forgotten theirs.

Try to wade through the criticism in the thread. Evidently this has triggered a hot spot but in spite of the outrage from some, you have been given some good advice by others.

Again, thank you for your sacrifice on behalf of our country. Stay focused and stay safe.
You've got to be kidding. and how do you know if he is in Iraq. girlfrineds do not get went to Iraq with their boyfriends.

I have nephews in Iraq and they don't get to take their girlfriends or dogs. and they wouldn't be able to take the dog from iraq when they leave.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!