View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Apple View Post
Sea Salt is really a healthy ingredient....The trace minerals found in natural sea salt such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium are removed during the processing of regular table salt ..But yeah, I wonder about that garlic thing?...I thought pups weren't supposed to have garlic; I could be mistaken 'though about that??? Garlic, however, is very very very healthy for humans.....
Maggie & Apple
xoxoxo
Garlic is only toxic in high amounts, but it needs to be put on the dangerous list if any amount is toxic. Someone dropped a bottle of garlic powder on the floor and the dog ate the whole bottle, a human would never do this, but a dog would, the dog got really sick and died. An overdose can cause clotting problems and other things, this is why garlic is considered dangerous. The amounts found in food and treats, is considered safe, so as long as your dog isn't eating a whole bottle of garlic, don't worry, but if he does, you should seek medical attention immediately. I agree with you, in small amounts it has been shown to be healthful.

Join today and remove this ad!