View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #50
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by globemaster View Post
How do you think I found this site? The dog has already learned its bad in around a month which is more than he learned in the previous 17. Punishment is part of training. You punish your kids, there are "punishments" at work for underperformance, etc... Its all part of life. You're exaggerating when talking about breaking bones. I understand he's small and he never gets hit. I've yet to figure out how holding a dog's nose in pee hurts it.

This dog is not an "innocent baby". He's a dog that before me was known to pee on the carpet, right in front of your face, at 17 months, 15 minutes after being taken out. Thanks to me he's getting better about it. I can assure you there was zero improvement before me - I've been dating her for over 6 months.

The belly bands are needed to prevent the dog from marking. My girlfriend wants to breed him. The order didn't go through for whatever reason last time. The Ceaser Milan Videos did. If anyone has that link, it would help.

I will have a "big slobbery mouth dog" one day as that is the type of dog I'm most comfortable with. I'm a C-17 pilot right now and can't take care of one full time. However, this dog will probably one day be my dog, so long as I can successfully train it. The dog is VERY important to me. I'm upset that as important as the dog is to my girlfriend, his training is completely UNIMPORTANT to her. I don't care if he barks, chews, jumps up on people, or pulls on his leash - I'm not going to live in a zoo and a house isn't a Yorkie Urinal.

His comfort is also equally unimportant to her as I often ask her if he needs to be taken out and she evidently has no idea how often that should happen. Heck tonight she told me he DIDN'T need to be taken out AFTER he peed. Then she didn't clean up after it while I was walking "her" dog. He peed several times when I took him out - mostly marking.

I've bought books to read on the subject and been reading all kinds of posts on here. I've presented the books to my girlfriend and highlighted pertinent information for my girlfriend to read. She's done nothing to help out with his training.
I think it's really good you're so passionate about it, that's a good thing.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!