View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 05:49 AM   #47
TOY
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Sad

I have learned several tricks from reading this site and one of them may help your concern about the Yorkie's whereabouts...

Have you thought about putting a collar with bells on him? I prefer the breakaway kind that are generally considered a cat's collar. I plan to use a harness for walking so the collar witll simply be for the id, bell(s), and proof of rabies vaccination (required by state law).

Just from the outside looking in (from the descriptions you have provided), it appears that your girlfriend and you have totally opposite views on housekeeping. (For instance, clutter doesn't bother me but odors are a totally different story.) She sounds much more lax in her tolerance of uncleanliness than your military training is going to accept. Again, from the outside looking in, it seems to me that the training of the Yorkie is merely a symptom of a much bigger problem.....

You might also examine the way you are trying to "encourage" her to change. Since she is an educated, professional adult, she may be resisting your "training" methods. Your girlfriend, I mean......just a thought. (You sound very frustrated and I would suspect she feels she is being judged and criticized much like a child. The normal reaction? Rebel and/or do nothing. You might want to refine your approach and show a little of your "softer" side. In her apartment, you are not the highest ranking officer.)

And, by the way, one of the easiest ways to escape a situation you don't want to deal with is to fall asleep.

I think you are (more than likely) a well-intentioned guy who is forgetting to leave the military bearing at work. Just my view from the outside looking in based on your descriptions... Change your goal from a war to be won to a cooperative peacetime and I think you'll see a major improvement.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!