View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #4
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

All of the above, plus.....

Now! I think a pup has to be only 8 weeks before traveling by air, so you already good on those grounds. Just need to make sure you have the appropriate size crate (that fits under the seat of the plane YOU'RE TAKING!, and that's big enough for him to sit, lie, stand, and turn around in comfortably!)

If you're traveling in the car, it will just depend on whether he's a good traveler, meaning does good in the car and doesn't get car sick....otherwise it will be a LOOOOOng trip for you and for him! Also, if he's 12 weeks I'm guessing he's probably getting close to finishing his puppy shots? I've been told by a vet that you don't want your puppy to be ANYWHERE another dog COULD have been until 3 weeks after the last puppy shot. However, I have also heard that as long as they're started on the shots, it's ok. I personally didn't have a choice but to let mine down to potty on grass I know other dogs have been when she was only 10 weeks old....just no other choice, but I was really worried. She's perfect though, so it probably is ok. If you're leery, take puppy pads that you can put in the floor board of the car, but you may need to let him run around a bit too....maybe in a parking lot though (so the grass wouldn't be contaminated)??? Just a thought..... Good luck and have a great time with your new baby boy! You will LOVE having him!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!