View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
Reinell
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmomok View Post
I did put Bella's name on hers, because I reasoned that she would go to them whether they knew her name or not. And, just knowing her name isn't going to prove ownership (after all, they can't ask Bella what her name is really!) I put her name on there so that if she is ever LOST (to me stolen is a moot point really), she may be more comfortable until she can be with me again if she at least hears her name. But like I said, #1 a person wouldn't see her name until she was already with them, and #2 I don't think NOT having her name would do any good anyway.

Her ID tag has:
Name
My CELL # (not home, in case I'm out looking for her god forbid!)
"REWARD! NEEDS MEDS!"
"MICROCHIPPED"

Those last 3 things are there to hopefully get her back. She is microchipped, but the person who "finds" her doesn't need to know either her chip # or even the company the chip is with...the person who scans her will know all that information. I have heard stories where a chip # was on the tag, and then the finder had the info changed to their info without ever having to have the dog scanned, thereby making it more difficult for the true owner to prove ownership. I do like having simply "microchipped" on there, because I'm hoping that's just one more deterrent for the person when deciding whether they will call and get that reward or just keep her!
I like what you had on the tag - good idea.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!