View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
Reinell
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmomok View Post
Bella is exactly the same way! We socialized her very well too (just trying to keep it up!) I believe this to be her order of love: Mommy > Daddy > Little GIRLS > Little Boys > other friendly dogs (big or small, matters not!) > other people. She especially LOVES my dad because he just makes all over her like she is the best thing on the planet (and, being a girl, she obviously LOVES that! lol) I take extra special care that 1) I'm in control, and 2) she's wearing tags, because if someone ever picked her up, she'd go right with them no questions asked! Scary!! (but sweet too)
Yes!!! I agree about the theft - so very scary as, like you, I think my Yorkie would happily go with someone else for a while ... but only after a while realize we were not around and get sad/cry. Too late!! We don't let our dog out of our sight ... he is never without us and we don't have tags yet - but have a microchip. I will not put his name on the tag as then people will know his name to keep him as their own. I am seriously considering, when I get tags, adding a false statement like *serious medical condition: requires daily medication - call ###-###-#### immediately*. Not honest - but I don't want anyone keeping my dog for any amount of time so the sooner they call me, the better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!