View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinell View Post
I have also been thinking about getting a girl Yorkie to go along with my 10 month old Yorkie boy, Rocky.

We take him to doggie daycare at least once a week (sometimes twice a week) and are members of a small dog playgroup. This is a good way for him to burn off some energy and have fun with other dogs.

I have had the smae concerns as you about the dynamic, how the next Yorkie would interact with Rocky, if people would be as willing to dog-sit with two doggies vs. one, and if Rocky (and the new puppy) would get enough attention. It is a very hard question for my husband and I as we want to spend a lot of time with the new puppy as well.

This topic caught my eye - very interesting!
It's good to know someone else is in the same boat as me! JEALOUS that you have a small dog playgroup!!!! (And that I live nowhere near you so WE could join too!) I met a lady with a small Chinese Crested (~4 lbs, 6 mo. old), and she and I take "the girls" out to a park where noone ever really goes (but it's really pretty, and away from the road, etc...) so they can play. This is the only time Bella gets to be off-leash outside, though, because I don't have a fenced yard .....so Bella spends the whole time poking around checking everything out (even though she DOES like to play with dogs...but she's more interested in the leaves, smells, etc..) Luxy, the Chinese Crested, would love to play, but sadly Bella pretty much ignores her the majority of the time. *sigh! I was hoping with doggie daycare being mainly indoors, she would do less exploring and more playing....I think she will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie mad View Post
I think its great that you have doggy day care there, Im sure we have nothing like it in the uk although i could be wrong(let me know). We dont have dog parks either.
! We don't have a dog park in my town either, though I'm not sure how I'd feel about going. So much poop (NO ONE cleans up after themselves ANYWHERE I've found!! even though my bf and I do ....plus, sadly Bella is a poop eater--YUCKO!--and I don't want her eating her own, much less other dogs'), and I also worry about other dogs giving Bella something (fleas/disease/whatever!) If we had one, though, and they had a side just for small dogs, I think we'd probably at the very least check it out.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!