View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Chance
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default what does a small liver mean?

I don't know if I'm in the right place to post this. But here goes, Chance had her blood work done on 3-5-09, her alt was 453, and her alp was 83, her bun was 12. My regular vet did the first test. But she said they were a little high, and bring her back in 2 months and retest Chance. But I felt like there was some wrong, Chance wasn't like herself. I truthfully felt like it was her Royal Canin, because with she first started acting different I started cooking stuff for her like rice, salmon, peas and I gave her apples and cheerios. She started acting like her old self. Then I gave her the Royal Canin again and she started not acting right again. That's why I decided to go to a different vet. He did another blood work on her and her alt was 409, and alp was 156 and her bun was 5 he said they were high, he did a x-ray and said her liver was small, I don't really know what this means about a small liver. But he thinks this all points toward a liver shunt. We have an appointment at UT tomorrow. My questions are what does a small liver mean, is UT a good hospital for liver shunts, how bad are liver shunts, does this mean she will die. Do I have to decide everything in one day? Please help me with some questions
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!