View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Have you tried walking out the door, leaving the house for a short time (1-3 minutes) and then coming right back? And keep repeating the process so she learns that you WILL be coming back. It sounds like separation anxiety to me. Does she know yet the sound of your keys, etc? Some dogs get very upset and anxious when they hear the keys or you pick up your purse because they know it means you're leaving. Try taking the keys, and just walking around the house with them and sitting down somewhere else, to let her know it doesn't necessarily mean you're leaving.

Do you leave a radio or TV on her for her? Maybe the sound would comfort her.

I've seen on "It's Me or the Dog" where they actually set up a camera and sat and watched it outside of their house and they had one walkie talkie and there was another in the house. So as they were watching the dog on the screen, if she started doing bad things, they would talk into the walkie talkie and say "NO" and the dog was like whaaat? How can they see that?! Obviously, you can't sit at a tv monitor all day to watch her but maybe try it a few times a week? I know it sounds drastic.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!