View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogear View Post
I have a 3 month old, Mabel...Mabel started barking/howling in her crate (few days ago) earlier and earlier (5:30am). Of course, I got her up to pee/eat because I was afraid she'd wake up everyone else.

Today I thought I'd just let her 'cry it out', wait for a lull in the barking and then take her out....no lull. AND, of course, my kids are awake now (ah, the fun of a puppy).
So, I tried to wait for a lull but there wasn't one and I started convincing myself, maybe she REALLY needs to pee. So I just (6:10am) got her out of cage, let her quickly pee,
didn't talk to her and put her back in her crate...she's still barking/howling. Again, I think I know what you'll say but figured I'd ask....should I let her 'cry it out'.

What about mher out and putting her back in...I was so afraid she really had to go....thoughts? (thank you).
When she starts to bark I would try to ignore it for about 5 min. and see if she calms down if not I would take her out and let her pee but not feed her and then put her back in the crate with eiher a toy to keep her occupied or something that smells like you, yes this will sound gross but it works like a dirty shirt from the laundry basket. Worst case she has had enough sleep for the night and is ready to go for the day. If you think about it 5:30 is not that that bad, as she gets older she will sleep longer you can also try putting her to bed a little later at night.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!