View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #13
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

I understand that cashiers are not at fault here, it's Walmarts system that is at fault. They have apparently been doing this for years that is why people are complaining. Walmart is aware of this and apparently have not rectified the problem and they are allowing this overcharging the customers....

Just so your aware there is NO double beep when the overcharge happens they only way you will catch it is by looking at your reciept or like we do watch the box that you swipe your card through....

This is from one of the links I posted:

According to studies conducted by the UIC Center for Urban Economic Development in conjunction with the University of California-Berkley (May, 2005), in the state of California:

• There were more than 2 overcharges for every 100 items purchased in 63% of the stores sampled

• There is a 95% certainty that between 54.1% and 72.5% of stores in California exceed accepted standards for pricing accuracy

• In California, Wal-Mart overcharges customers for 3.9 of every 100 products purchased

• Numerous state regulatory agencies throughout the United States have investigated or fined Wal-Mart as a result of its practice of over-charging customers

• A similar study conducted in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan yielded similar results!

How long do you think Walmart would wait to correct this problem of over ringing merchandise if instead of overcharging it beeped but did not charge for some of the items so the consumer would not be paying for items??... I say it would have been corrected immediately.....
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!