View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzierj View Post
In defense to my fellow cashiers at Walmart, please be aware that it is NOT the cashier that is double or triple charging you on purpose ! There is a 'beep' sound as the product passes the scanner (as in ALL stores that have scanners) and we all listen to it! Occasionally something goes by and it catches it twice, (freak accident, I'm sure)...We certainly don't want this to happen to anyone, not only will a customer complain and we will get coached (it happens to be humiliatly to get yelled at for something that is an accident or registers fault), but our managers check out registers everyday for faults, which is reported to an outside company for repair...My friend who worked at customer service had hypodermic needles thrown at her because she told the customer that he could not return them because they were open ! Sometimes people return things that don't have the product inside but have rocks in place of the product....Have you ever double checked a hospital bill WOW ...Talk about overpaying or padding the bill ...Or at a restuarant, when the waiter pads the bill? And as far a scales wrong? , please, don't you think Weights and Measures comes in frequently to check these scales for accuracy? Sure scales can be off, everywhere, don't just target Walmart, we are all still human...Sad when people trash others , we are all NOT PERFECT...This is the first time I have ever been a cashier , anywhere and I have to say that we are kind-hearted people who work very very hard...My customers come into the store looking for me ( and others) because we care about them and we want to make sure they leave the store with a good attitude ...It doesn't matter what store you go to or what professional building you enter, it's the people that you deal with that matter! And there are good and bad attitudes everywhere!
I agree
I worked at Meijer for a long time. First as a cashier, then in Customer Service. I must say first of all that people are just mean when you work in customer service!! I seen what goes on behind the scenes and everything, and yes, mistakes are made sometimes. We had days there sometimes that were just crappy because the tech people didnt get all the sales or promos programed in for the cash registers, so we would have to change hundreds of prices manually! It was never intentional for the store to make more money, it was just an oversight because imperfect machines are run by imperfect people that make mistakes. I am sure that some businesses have done crooked things sometimes to screw people over, but most of the time they are genuine gliches or mistakes. There is really no point to go to customer service with a b*tchy attitude and take it out on someone that has no idea what is going on, or yell at the cashier, both of which happen all the time. You dont even see the people that control all of that, and even if you could, odds are it was a mistake.
I truely believe it reflects a persons true integrity and heart by the way they react to being overcharged 20 cents on bananas or something equally stupid. People's true colors really show! Even if someone was intentionally taking their money, it makes them no better to behave like a rabid dog as a reaction. 2 wrongs don't make a right....(but three rights make a left.... )
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!