View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #13
Gennies
Donating YT Addict

Angry I'm very concerned for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symph2001 View Post
I'd have to wonder what the vet or tech did to get bit especially if you have a dog that has never shown this tendency.

Not to mention they are in a profession where even the most calm and loving dog is going to nip or bit if they are in pain. You would think they would take that into consideration.

I wouldn't be able to be separated for that long is there a way to get an appeal of the decision?

Also my vet uses me holding my dog when he does a blood draw or gives shots cause he says they tend to be calmer for the owner than for strangers.
I agree w/what was said here and my vet does the same thing. I hold them and talk into their ear as they do what they need to do and it works a lot better.

I'd like to add that I'm very concerned for you. Did the health department or your vet tell you that (depending on your state laws) if your dog gets reported two or three times they may label it as a "dangerous dog" and / or may force you to have her put to sleep.

I'm not trying to scare you, but I what you to be aware that it's not as simple as your vet is trying to make you think it is.

Plus, if you own a home, this can affect your home owner's insurance. Some insurance companies will not cover you if you have a "dangerous dog".

This is why I never let the vet's take my dog from my sight. If they refuse to do the treatments in front of you, then you simply say it's not happening. If they refuse to do it in front of you go, no run to another vet. You are the paying customer. They are not the boss over this deal.

I'm very sorry that your vet did this to you. I would find another vet.

Your vet may have told you that it was mandatory to report all bites, but a bite that doesn't break the skin????? Is that really a bite, or just a nipple / warning to stop hurting her?

How do you know she will be safe there when they go to spay her? They neglected to tell you that they were going to report your baby, what else will they "forget" to tell you. And your baby can't tell you what happens.

I just wouldn't feel that my dog was safe in their care anymore. As said by others, getting bite is really the vet tech's fault. She should have restrained your baby properly. It's insane to think that you are going to poke a dog with a needle over and over and not be bitten. I'd bite you too.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!