View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine92 View Post
We brought our 5 month old puppy who is almost 8 lbs to the vet on Friday for his last set of shots and to have his blood work done since he is getting fixed next month.

They brought our puppy in the back and we could hear him screaming and crying. He was back there for approximately 45 minutes, unfortunately they were unable to draw blood from him. The vet finally came out and said he bit a vet tech.

Now me and my hubby were both upset. We asked the vet if the vet tech was ok and the vet tech was standing right there and said she was fine. She also said he did not break the skin.

Fast forward to this morning. I get a call from the department of health stating that they reported it as a dog bite and that my dog must be quarantined for 10 days to make sure he is not sick and to make sure that the vet tech doesnt get sick. I am really upset. They did not inform me that they were reporting it and they reported that the skin was broken when we were told it was not. I am really upset over this. Should I call the vet and complain?
Wow, I would think that being a vet/vet tech and around animals constintaly I would think they would expect to be bite from time to time. By the sound of it, they were causing your dog pain making it react by biting. I do know that the vet tech that treats my animals has been bite and scratch on numerous occasions and not once did I hear her say that it had to be turned into the health department. However it may be the law and they may of not had any other choice. I would call the vets office and have them explain to you why they needed to call the health department.
Im sorry that your dog has be quartined. .
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!