View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #4
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default Rocky

He is living up to his name as a fighter..!
Is he neutered..if not do it now. He is agressive and doing what an agressive dog does..defend and fight the invader. I would put him in a pen in another room and not allow him to act bad..habits are hard to undo..try to prevent his bad hehavior by watching for situations that trigger him.

Roicky sounds like he has the misconception he is leader of your pack...this may sound mean, but I have had a few challenge my role as leader. They must be taken down just as the leader dog would do..sometimes that means you must be aggressive with him. Your body language is important, tone of voice, eye contact is vital. Never divert your eyes away from his when correcting him..the first one to look away loses in the dog world. Take him by the neck skin, firmly like the leader dog and shake gently, take him to the floor. You should grasp his leg or hip area so as not to hurt him. Correct in a firm voice.

Never allow him to enter the house ahead of you or go out first. Leader goes first. I would not allow him to sleep with humans..gives him the idea he is equal...if he sleeps on your pillow above your head, he is telling you he is higher in rank..a low voiced, gentle approach usually does not work at this age and level of aggression. Of course striking or a slap is never used..I know you do not hit him..but you must think like a leader dog and act towards him in the same way they would...and the leader dog can be scary towards the ones who forget their position in the pack.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!