View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #217
erickajm
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtrippe View Post
Thank you ...Now I can find out where the money is going from an organization before I donate...Right...I'm getting so much information from this Thred thatI never knew before. I'm appald at the fact they even have dog and cat auctions....I was naive to the fact also..I've been upset about this ever since I stared to read this thread ,but I need to know what goes on in this world...So thanks to all the courageous people...hats off to you...
Sheila
So in the end, this thread has educated people on the underworld of puppy auctions. As appalling as it is, it is still going on and we know of at least one rescue that will continue to attend and buy up the puppies.

I just wonder if a rescue would put the time, money & energy into exposing and putting a stop to these auctions as they do in purchasing puppies what kind of difference they would make. It can be done and has been done. I just read an article where one was protested in Ohio and drew plenty of media and such. See, at the end of the day its nice to say we've made a difference in a few dogs life but imagine what a rescue could do with their volunteers (even the now banned ones) and the media. Its easy to say you are making a difference and if you convince yourself of it then so be it but again, by purchasing these dogs only makes room for more cute puppies to be brought in for the next time.

I know, I know.. the newspaper was notified the one time... Big deal.. I am not talking about little newspapers, How about the big shows, like Oprah, who has already covered mills...there are too many people that would be willing to step in to help stop these auctions...but as long as we have individuals & rescues buying from them instead of standing up for ALL the dogs... then they(auctions/mills) will continue to flourish!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!